tweet tweet tweety

    domenica 19 febbraio 2012

    A Dreamy & Decadent Delight


    As I am in the peak of a nerve break down, because of tomorrow's exam and I am still pretty behind schedule with my project; I decided to post a little old thing that I had written back in the times. 
    What got me into thinking about those times was an old photo that a friend of mine mailed me as a present and a reminder to still live and do everything in the most passionate and foolish way. 


     In my high school, all of our walls are painted in dull colours that do not foster creativity in the classroom. The lack of harmony and creativity were the primary reasons why I and a group of classmates decided to repaint the walls. After ten long hours, we transformed the ceiling into a chess board, designed an aluminium painting that looked like a fish aquarium. Furthermore, we drew two contemporary art frames, hung a poster, and repainted the walls. The most difficult part was painting the ceiling as the paint dripped over our heads, but we were determined to finish it.

     We drew a chess board so that during literature classes we could drift away and feel more as part of a game than of a classical lecture. The fish painting reflected our question of existence in the big “pond”. The art frames represented our shifting mood; the first was a monochrome painting composed by nails and strings (troubles), and the other one was a splash of various colours (be me!). Finally, students could better express themselves by writing on the poster.

     At the end, we were faced with dual reviews; all of our peers loved it but none of the teachers did. The teachers saw our creative expressions as a bad influence in school. After several meetings with the principal, and without clear explanations, we were forced to repaint the walls back to the original colour. Today one question lingers in our minds, “Why were we seen as a bad influence, when all we wanted to do was to create a class environment that fostered creativity”?

     ¿now feel you do how 'me tell

    Unfortunately I don't have any photos of our art work, but I felt like this picture is suited for this case, it can be "nothing" or  "something".


    Nessun commento:

    Posta un commento