tweet tweet tweety

    domenica 15 febbraio 2015

    1979


    It's been years now, since I have posted on this blog.
    Due to some talks that I randomly had with friends today, I started thinking on how life was before uni. It was troubled of course, but other kinds of trouble, which today may even seam meaningless. In fact, it is as I almost have no other memory than of those of the trips that I took during that periode. Now that I am walking down memory lane, I wish I had photos of my high school days, but I have very few. Here are 10 souvenirs from some of my trips, before I entered mayhem aka uni. I should have put some fragments of my favourite books from that period... finally, I put some quotes.


    Geneva

    "Hate is a bottomless cup; I will pour and pour"
    Medea- Euripides
    We did a mock trial on "Medea" at class and I was in the minority of those whom were defending her. 


    Romagna

    "You can't find someone, who doesn't want to be found"
    House of the Spirits, Isabel Allende
    read it in my first year of highschool, I liked it cause I hadn't read anything like that before; but after this one I didn't read anything else from magic realism, cause well those books are like 500+ pages with family dilemas, sounds more like a well written telenovela.


    Bulgaria

    "It is good we don't have to try to kill the sun or the moon or the stars. It is enough to live on the sea and kill our true brothers"
    The Old Man and the Sea - Ernest Hemingway 
    So I was in Venice this September and found out that, I really can't afford to have a caffe' at Caffe' Florian, where Hemingway use to pour down his throat rum or whatever. 


    Roma

    "When reason fails, the devil helps!"
    Crime and Punishment- Fyodor Dostoyevsky
    Unofficial springbreak in Italy to read for one week the book in the countryside.

    Roma

    "As phantom frighten beasts when shadows fall" 
    Inferno- Dante Aligeri
    Oh all those nice tricks with the numbers.


    Skiathos

    "This moment will be just another story someday"
    The perks of being a Wallflower- Stephen Chobosky
    And so I was fifteen.....


    Manhattan

    "You must always know what it is that you want"
    The Alchemist- Paolo Coelho
    Hope and Dreams and loosing faith in humanity. 


    Tirana
    "I cannot make you understand. I can not make anyone understand what is happening inside me. I can not even explain it to myself."
    Metamorphosis- Franz Kafka
    And than I found true love. 

    Niagara Falls
    (in US territory, oh the border problems and oh those visa issues)

    "Since we are all going to die, it's obvious that when and how don't matter"
    The Stranger- Albert Camus
    So everytime the sun is shining so brightly.... 


    Manhattan

    "The government can catch a hare with a oxcart!"
    The Palace of Dreams- Ismail Kadare
    I should have read it meanwhile trying to sketch out Gjirokastra


    And when I switched from trolley to backpacks 

    I make an effort on writing postcards for friends and family (that's what I am doing there), but now that I think about it, I have written a lot of those but mailed fewer. 

    "Inside of us there is something that has no name, that something is what we are"
    Blindness- Jose' Saramango
    How did I do on my architecture entry test, will I get enrolled


    *I really should do something about the layout of this blog

    Nessun commento:

    Posta un commento